Here are 11 facts that you may not know about some renowned authors:
- Suzanne Collins who wrote The Hunger Games previously a writer on 90’s TV show Clarissa Explains It All.
- Dan Brown, author of The Da Vinci Code, was previously a pop singer with a solo album called Angels and Demons.
- The name of the houses at Hogwarts were created by J. K. Rowling on a plane and written on a sick bag.
- Mark Twain invented one of the first bra straps in 1871.
- James Joyce was fluent in English, French, German, Latin, Italian, and could read Old English and Norwegian.
- James Joyce wrote much of his novel Finnegans Wake in crayon on pieces of cardboard.
- William Shakespeare’s surname was recorded as ‘Shagspeare’ on his marriage document in 1582.
- Robert Louis Stevenson legally gave his birthday away to a little girl.
- Roald Dahl planned to write a third Charlie Bucket book, Charlie in the White House; he died before he could complete it.
- T. E. Lawrence had to rewrite The Seven Pillars of Wisdom from his notes after losing the manuscript at Reading railway station.
- Samuel Pepys’ diary contains the earliest record of anyone in England having a cup of tea (25 September 1660).